We hope you enjoy our Year 2 class page. You will find information about our current topic and get to see photographs of the many fun things we do in Year 2!
During the second half term of Year 2, we will be exploring our homes and the homes of others. Some of the questions we will be asking are:
What type of home do you live in?
What are homes like in other parts of the world?
How are homes built?
Parents as Partners:
· We will need a photograph of your house for Show and Tell, sorting and writing activities.
· If you work in an estate agents, as an architect or a builder, please let us know!
· You and your child could look for pictures of different types of homes together.
As part of this topic:
· We explore the story of The Three Little Pigs.
· We create our own building site in the classroom.
· We will create homes from around the world using different materials.
· We learn how to stay safe at home.
Here are a number of apps you could try at home.
-pocket phonics - practise sounds and blending.
-order numbers to 20 - practise ordering to 10 or 20.