People Who Help Us
In the new year, for our first Spring topic we will be learning all about People Who Help Us. Some of the questions we will be asking are:
Who helps us in our community?
How do they help us?
Who is here to help us in school?
Who is your favourite superhero?
Parents as Partners:
- Discuss with your child times when people have helped them in the community and how.
- If your job involves helping people, please let us know.
- A home learning activity will involve the children helping you at home. Always a popular exercise!!
As part of this topic:
· As part of this topic, we explore the jobs of a policeman, fireman, doctor and nurse to name a few.
· We create a doctor’s surgery.
· We will invent our own superhero.
· We will have a visit from the PSNI.
Here are a number of apps you could try at home.
- ABC Phonics Word Family Tree - for practising spellings patterns.
- Frog hop – number before/after up to 20
- Superhero yourself - turn yourself into a superhero!