World War Two
In this topic we will focus on what it was like to be a child during the war years. The children will find out how people and places have changed over time. They will use a variety of sources of information, including memories of older people. Questions we will ask include;
How did children feel?
What did they do?
How have things changed?
- Listen to WW2 radio announcements and watch real video footage from WW2
- Make a Mickey Mouse gas mask
- Design and make WW2 planes from junk materials
- Workshop visit from the NI War Memorial Museum in Belfast
- Investigate materials suitable for blackout blinds
- Dressing up as a WW2 evacuee, nurse, soldier etc
- Parents as Partners
- We would ask parents/guardians to discuss family links with WW2 with their children. Visit the war memorial in Ward Park and research information about the war on the internet and in books.
- If you know someone who could come into school to share their memories,please let us know.