During the first half term of Year 2, we will be exploring ‘Ourselves’ and what makes us special. Some of the questions we will be asking are:
What do you like to do?
What keeps you healthy and safe?
What makes you feel happy/sad/angry?
Parents as Partners:
· As a Take Home Activity, your child will be creating their own Wonderful Me bag.
· Encourage your child to develop a healthy lifestyle.
· Why not encourage your child to try some new healthy foods or to try an exciting new form of exercise!
As part of this topic:
· We discuss what we look like.
· We discuss our similarities and differences.
· We make pictures of ourselves and create puppets.
· We learn how to look after our bodies.
Here are a number of apps you could try at home:
-Blobble Write - for letter and number formation.
-Montessori Rhyme Time - to help your child generate rhyming words.