For our first summer topic we will be learning all about The Farm. A farm is a busy place. Do you know what lives on a farm and who looks after it? Without farms we would be without many everyday items! There is a lot of learning to be done at the farm. Some of the questions we will be asking are:
What lives on a farm?
What jobs need done on a farm?
How does milk get from the cow to our kitchen?
What else do we get from farm animals?
Parents as Partners:
Discuss with your child times when you have seen/visited a farm. What did you see there?
A Take Home Activity will involve your child writing about the favourite thing they saw at the farm. Your child will do a project on a farm animal.
As part of this topic:
· We will learn all about farm animals.
· We will visit Streamvale Farm.
· We will feed baby animals.
· We will see where the animals live.
· We will set up a farm shop in our classroom.
Here are a number of apps you could try at home.
- spelling bug - for spelling words.
- abc spelling magic - for spelling CVC words.
- hit the button - for learning the story of 10 and doubles.
-old macdonald – activities on the farm.